Two arrested as major police operation unfolds at Entertainment Quarter in Sydney’s Moore Park

The public has been urged to avoid a popular entertainment precinct in Sydney’s eastern suburbs as a major police operation unfolds.

The operation was ongoing at the Entertainment Quarter at Moore Park as of 5.15pm Monday AEST, after police received reports of a man with a gun.

A photo from the scene appeared to show a man wearing a bulletproof vest bearing an American flag, with what appeared to be a gun attached to his chest, sitting outside a restaurant.

 witness described the scene to 7NEWS as “terrifying”.

“We saw a gun on his chest, but we were like, ‘Is he wearing a costume? Is it real?’ It looked like a pistol,” she said.

“I’ve never seen anything like that happen in real life, so it was terrifying.”

A man was seen in a bulletproof vest bearing an American flag.
A man was seen in a bulletproof vest bearing an American flag. Credit: 7NEWS
Two people were arrested.
Two people were arrested. Credit: petedeppeler/Instagram

Footage from the scene shows a significant police presence, with about 20 police vehicles at the Entertainment Quarter.

NSW Police said two people had been arrested and there was no ongoing threat to the public.

Be the first to know: Add 7NEWS as your preferred news source on Google

How to Earn an Extra Income With Just $250 Amazon CFD InvestmentCapital Markets|

Police later confirmed the weapon was a fake plastic pistol.

Members of the public have been urged to avoid the area while the operation continues.

Leave a Comment